focus, divergence, compelling tagline
a break from an industory’s prevailing strategies.
execute blue ocean strategic moves avoid direct competition in a saturated market.
Companies in red ocean tend to dual over quality and price. As such, growth comes slowly.
initial itemus test for any blue ocean idea. A successful product must unlock exceptional utility for consumers.
6 utility layers
- Consumer productivity
- Fun and image
- Environmental friendliness
6 stages of the buyer experience cycle
3 levers of cost reduction
- Streamlining and cost saving
- Changin the way you produce, distribute, support the product.
- Swithing materials from metal to plastic.
- Moving the call center from the US to India.
- Simplify and optimize operations
- from strategic alliances to share cost burden.
- Pricing innovation
- change the industry’s pricing model.
For smooth adoption, engage and educate 3 primary stakeholders.
- Business partners
- The general public
Blue Ocean Idea Index
|Utility||Is there exceptional utility?|
|Price||Is the price easily accessible to the mass of buyers?|
|Cost||Does the cost structure meet the target cost?|
|Adoption||Have you addressed adoption hundles up front?|