Tests are designed to determine: How much we know about a particular subject at a particular point in time.
Type from objective
- Formative assessments
- It make sure we know the fundamental material before moving on to more challenging topics.
- Summative assessments
- It is to determine if we are mastering a large portion of the mateerial.
- It carries a heavy weight toward our final grade for the course
Type from format
- Paper tests
- most common
- Open-book tests
- We can see our notes or textbooks.
- This type is employed when the instructor wants to see our thoughts and critical thinking rather than our memory power.
- Creating index for our notes is effective.
- Take-home tests
- It is like open-book tests.
- We can take test any time we want.
- The instructor expect more detail and complete work, because we are not under a strict time limit and we can see references freely
- Online tests
- most commonly used for formative assessments.
- Check if we can move freely between test sections to go back and check our work, or we can skip question and look back later.
- Electronic tests in the classroom
Presentations and oral tests
- The best strategy for the final exam is:
- study regulary